Grilled Chicken Tenders with Cilantro Pesto
Cook chicken tenders on the grill and top with pesto made with cilantro or basil whichever you prefer for a zesty, quick dinner. Serve with quinoa or brown rice and grilled asparagus or zucchini.
- 1/4c lime juice
- ¼ cup reduced soy sauce
- Pam spray
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 2 cups loosely packed cilantro leaves ( 1-2 bunches) or basil
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons of toasted sesame seeds
- Whisk lime juice, soy sauce and chili powder in a large bowl. Reserve 2 tbls of marinade in a small bow. Add chicken to the remaining marinade; toss to coat. Keep in fridge for 20 – 60 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium high
- Meanwhile place cilantro, scallions, sesame seeds and reserved marinade in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade ( discard marinade) and grill until cooked through. Serve chicken with pesto.
Nutrition per serving 116 calories ,27 grams protein 67mg cholesterol, 3grm carbohydrates, 0 gm sugar, 290gm sodium